Digital Skill Empowerment Programme (DiSEP)
This is an initiative to train eligible candidates with digital skills to build their capabilities and broaden their digital scope which will give them an edge in the employment market.
The Digital Skills Empowerment Programme(DiSEP) is designed to aid the identification and attraction of unique digitally savvy candidates, train, develop and position them to be able to participate in supporting the digital transformation journey of Stanbic IBTC Group and also help bridge the gap of digital talent scarcity in the employment market. It is an intensive program and a unique opportunity for young people who are resourceful and passionate developing required skills to build a fast-tracked career.
DiSEP is an intensive program and a unique opportunity for young people who are resourceful and passionate to develop required skills to build a fast-tracked career. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to prepare for and complete professional certifications.
Preferred Qualification and Career Interests
- Applicants should be interested in building a career in the following technical fields; IT Software Development, Cloud Security Analyst, Cyber Security Engineering, Data Engineering, Mobile App Development, Blockchain Development, IoT Development, UI and UX Development, Linux OS Administration, Database Administration, Applications Support.
- Minimum of a Second Class (or its equivalent) degree in an Information Technology or Engineering related course from an accredited University.
- Minimum of five credits (Mathematics and English inclusive) in GCE, NECO or its equivalent
- Applicants must have concluded NYSC and must have discharge certificate in hand.
- Applicant's Date of Birth, Gender and class of degree must be clearly stated.
Please note that as part of the selection process, shortlisted candidates will be required to pass an online pre-training assessment.
Apply for Digital Skills Empowerment Programme 3.0
Thanks to Stanbic IBTC for the brilliant opportunity, which introduced me and got certified in one of the highly demanded digital skills (Cybersecurity Analyst). I have been introduced to techniques and methods to detect, monitor and protect computer systems and networks against cyber-attack also, to carry out threat analysis to mitigate attacks.
The programme gave me a leap into the future of the digital world, specifically in organising data management systems. Cloud databases is revolutionary, making businesses better, more efficient, and far more flexible by storing files remotely, and using advanced security features amongst other benefits.
Through the DiSEP programme, I’ve been able to understand that AI cognitive computing systems differ from conventional computing systems in that they can; read and interpret unstructured data, understanding not just the meaning of words but also the intent and context in which they are used.
Being part of the DiSEP programme and acquiring this Cybersecurity skill is a dream come true for me. I am very grateful to Stanbic IBTC for this opportunity. As a budding IT professional, getting this certification is a stepping stone to my future career goals.