A signature Corporate Social Investment (CSI) initiative by Stanbic IBTC to raise awareness for children with Limb Loss
#Together4ALimb is a signature corporate and Social Investment (CSI) initiative of Stanbic IBTC. Although it is health related, it has an education element to it as well as an Economic Empowerment leg as it affords the recipients a level playing field to compete in life. An important aspect of the signature CSI is the charity walkathon, organised yearly to raise awareness of the plight and, hopefully, ginger deliberate actions by government, policymakers, and the general public to address the problem.
Together4ALimb focuses on transforming the lives of children with limb losses from congenital issues or birth defects, accidents or mismanaged injuries. Such children are given prosthetic limbs and an Educational trust fund.
#Together4ALimb has been in existence since 2015. Up till date, a total number of 100 children have benefitted from receiving Prosthesis change annually and an educational trust fund till the age of 18years. Currently, we have two children enrolled in creche, 6 beneficiaries in Nursery school, 53 beneficiaries in Primary School, 13 beneficiaries in Junior Secondary School, 16 beneficiaries in Senior Secondary School, four beneficiaries in Tertiary Institution and 6 chidren in a special programme.
Stanbic IBTC has helped to change the course of the lives of 100 young Nigerians who have suffered limb losses through the #Together4ALimb CSI project since 2015. The Steps by Stanbic IBTC Mobile App allows you to clock your steps as we take the charity walk #Together4ALimb and inspire hope for the children. Participants can select their preferred walk targets and certificates are issued on the App once the walk target is completed.
Learn how to use the App here
These are the names of children that benefitted from Prosthesis change in 2021
- Download and install the Steps by Stanbic IBTC App from Google Playstore here or iOS Appstore here
- Login with either your Facebook, Google, Apple ID or create an account with your preferred email and set a password
- On the ‘Tap Project Page’ select #Together4ALimb, select your preferred walk target and click on continue
- Grant the Mobile App permission to detect physical activity using the Health App for iOS users, and the Google Fit App for Andrioid users
- Ensure you upload steps daily to save your steps to the project
- Certificate will be issued immediately you achieve the selected walk target, and this will be displayed on the ‘reward’ tab of the app.
- To start walking, click on steps, select start and proceed.
- To stop walking, click stop and confirm to stop walking
- Yes, you need to allow the app access your location and detect physical activity to record your walk.
- If you have disabled this before, please go to your device setting and click on the app to grant permissions.
Yes, you can. Start your walk then go to your music app and play your music
Yes. Click on the picture icon and select Leaderboard to view the top 10 people with the highest kilometer walked.
Click Friends to invite friends to join you to walk from any location.
Certificate will be available for download on the Reward Page immediately you achieve your walk target. Simply click on ‘Rewards’ to access this.