Our values and code of ethics
All our products and services are based on a set of values that uphold the empowerment of our customers. Both internally, and in daily engagement with the our clients we foster transparency, innovation, accountability and superior service.
We have eight main values that we uphold across the Standard Bank Group. We adhere to them in every sector and continue to seek improvements and innovation in the way we do business.
- Delivering to our stakeholders: We understand that we earn the right to exist by providing appropriate long-term returns to our shareholders.
- Respecting each other: We have the highest regard for the dignity of all people. We respect each other and what Stanbic IBTC stands for.
- Growing our people: We encourage and help our people to develop to their full potential, and measure our leaders on how well they grow and challenge the people they lead.
- Constantly raising the bar: We have confidence in our ability to achieve ambitious goals and we celebrate success, but we must never allow ourselves to become arrogant.
- Being proactive: We strive to stay ahead by anticipating rather than reacting, but our actions are always carefully considered.
- Upholding the highest levels of integrity: Our entire business model is based on trust and integrity as perceived by our stakeholders, especially our customers.
- Working in teams: We, and all aspects of our work, are interdependent. We appreciate that, as teams, we can achieve much greater things than as individuals.
- Serving our clients: We do everything to ensure that we provide our customers with the products, services and solutions to suit their needs.
Facilitate greater empowerment and faster decision-making at all levels of our business; and ensure that, as a significant player in the financial services industry, we adhere to the highest standards of responsible business practice in our interactions with all our stakeholders.